A versatile standard zoom for Canon APS-C-format DSLRs, the EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens is a sleek and flexible option for everyday shooting. Spanning a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range, this lens covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, and features an Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops for sharper handheld shooting. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to improve sharpness and resolution by minimizing spherical aberrations and distortion, and a Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Standard 18-55mm zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format Canon DSLRs and provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range. One aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and accurate rendering. Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions. An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available. Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compact-size, standard zoom Lens with high image quality.
- Image stabilization at up to 4* Stops of shake Correction. Lead screw-type STM.
- Kit Includes: 1) Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 is STM Lens (White Box), 1) Ultraviolet (UV) Filter Absorbs the ultraviolet rays which often makes outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct. Multi-purpose fine-weather filter for color as well as black and white photos. Serves as a permanent lens protector.
- 1) Circular Polarizer (CPL) Filter Removes unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water, glass etc. Enables colors to become more saturated and appear clearer, with better contrast. Increases the contrast and saturation in blue skies and white clouds.
- 1) Fluorescent (FL-D) Filter Corrects the green cast created when using daylight under fluorescent lamps with daylight tubes. It restores the natural colors of your shooting objects.